alittleofthebooklife

A Little of the Book Life

Obviously I love books. I'm here, aren't I? :)

Pandemonium - Lauren Oliver First thought: Where's the third one and why is it not out yet? *sigh* I am a very impatient person and I want it now! (I feel like Veruca Salt) I am bordering between 4 and 5 stars, so we'll go with a 4.5 but it's not an option. I just finished it like not even 10 minutes ago, so we'll see.

I loved that Lena isn't the strongest person in the world; she also isn't the weakest. But she's a fighter. She fights to stay alive, to live, for her, for Alex. After she thinks he's dead, after she's lost it all, she still wants to fight back. She finds comfort and family with Raven and the others. Even though Raven doesn't fully disclose all the plans and throws Lena to the wolves with Julian, they are still together, still on the same side. I felt that Lena took forever to realize that the umbrella Tack gave her was more than an umbrella... how many days did it take her to figure that out? But it did sort of fit her character... she's just learning to read into things. Being on the outside looking in gives us, as readers, some advantage over her.

Alex. Not since "There is no district 12" (Catching Fire, last line) has the last line of a book left me hanging so tensely and dying to know what happens next. I truly did not believe Alex was dead and I figured she would eventually run across him - either he had been 'cured' for real and was now fighting for the other side, or something similar to what really happened. So that came as no shock to me. However, I feel so bad for Lena now that she has not only the resistance to contend with but with Alex and Julian as well. What did they do to him while he was locked in the Crypts? Does he hate her? Does he blame her? What will come of it all?

I have so much swirling through my head right now.