alittleofthebooklife

A Little of the Book Life

Obviously I love books. I'm here, aren't I? :)

Insurgent - Veronica Roth I loved this book. I wish I could spend more time with Tris and this world. I love the way Veronica Roth writes things. She doesn't just tell you something, she makes you feel it, live it.

There seemed to be a lot of struggle going on in this story. There's the obvious struggle between the factions, trying to figure out who's on what side and who to trust. But there's also a major internal struggle warring itself inside Tris.This caused some waffling in her previous strength, but it was all understandable. She's not infallible, she's a teenage girl, despite not wanting to be seen as one. Even an adult would likely struggle if put in her situation. She's scared, she's sad, she's lost her ability to see even her own strength until it's almost too late.

I really liked that physical pain lasted as well. I realize that might sound mean, but it made it so much more realistic. She was shot; that should affect her abilities for a while. And it does. She's human and easy to relate to.

I am anxiously waiting for Allegiance. :)