alittleofthebooklife

A Little of the Book Life

Obviously I love books. I'm here, aren't I? :)

Anna Dressed in Blood - Kendare Blake I feel like I'm on a good reading streak and I'm afraid it's going to end soon. lol Seriously, I loved how creepy this book was. Kendare Blake did not hold back, which is good. I think if she had held back on some of the more sinister or gruesome aspects the story would not have rung as true.

Cas comes to town with the intent to kill Anna, sending her wherever they end up going when he does so, and then move on. What he doesn't count on is letting people into his life and finding out there's more to Anna's story than your typical I-was-killed-and-now-I'm-angry ghost story. Her death was more unnatural and wrong than others, and it will take more than usual to get things done.

I love Cas and his attitude. It was exciting to me because every time I opened the book to read more I felt like I was right alongside him and his friends. I was the invisible one, who was rooting for them and helping them along, unbeknownst to them, of course. I yelled at them, I felt for them, I cried for them. I completely understood why Anna spared Cas his life; and I would have been angry at her if she hadn't. He wasn't your I-can-do-anything-hero. He's fallible and he knows his own strengths and his weaknesses. He doesn't act all stunned and hurt when he's not the one on top. He accepts it and does what he needs to do to move forward. And that involves something he's never done before - rely on others.

This story was so eerie and macabre at times. I can't wait to dive into the next book, Girl of Nightmares, as soon as I get my hands on it.