alittleofthebooklife

A Little of the Book Life

Obviously I love books. I'm here, aren't I? :)

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight - Jennifer E. Smith Such a fun, quick read that also had some depth to it. Hadley and Oliver meet in an airport on their way to London. They just so happen to be sitting side by side on the airplane and spend 7 hours talking about the important things in life - talking ducks, favorite colors, weddings, and whiskey. And then they go their separate ways as Hadley makes her way to her father's wedding.

When we meet Hadley, she's a shell of mixed emotions and a lot of anger toward her father. Smith does an excellent job of having Hadley jump the hurdles in her life and reach the other side being stronger for it. We see a lot of growth as she travels to London and makes decisions that not only affect her, but her father as well.

With Oliver we don't see quite as much change, but the story isn't about him quite as much as it is about Hadley and her family. But we do see a side of him at one point that was so real and true that it nearly broke my heart.

I enjoyed this story quite a bit and definitely could see myself revisiting it. It is a love story, but it's so much more than that at the same time. Definitely worth reading.