alittleofthebooklife

A Little of the Book Life

Obviously I love books. I'm here, aren't I? :)

Prophecy of the Sisters - Michelle Zink Something seemed to be missing for me. A lack of caring for the characters, maybe? I was a little deterred by her finding the mark and not questioning it, of hearing the prophecy and simply accepting it. Oh hey, there's this prophecy about twin sisters and it's hard to understand. But hey, I must be a part of it. Why else would it be in our house? I don't know. It just seemed a little... forced, maybe. Personally if I had some weird tattoo like thing show up on my arm I am thinking I might freak out a little. What was her background on supernatural type things? There didn't appear to be any to me, so why was she so inclined to just believe and not be like "this type of stuff doesn't exist" or question it in some way. I think that's the part I struggled with the most. There were a few other things that seemed thrown in there, but didn't take me completely out of the story.

That aside, I enjoyed the writing itself, if the plot and character development was lacking. I'm not sure whether or not I'll read the next one when it comes. (I ordered thru the library) But I am curious to know how it ends, just not at all on the scale it should be to be waiting for the next one. Maybe I'll skim them. I just wasn't as entangled in the story as I'd like to be. There was too much going on for me to completely suspend belief and fall into it. :( I'm saddened by this because I like the idea a lot.

I didn't hate it by any means. I just don't seem to have the inclination to care enough to find out what happens next. Some parts of the story intrigued me more than others. It was definitely missing a wow factor for me. I do hope that in the second book Lia becomes a stronger person. For that matter, I'd like all the characters to be a bit more rounded and to care more about what happens to them.