alittleofthebooklife

A Little of the Book Life

Obviously I love books. I'm here, aren't I? :)

Devilish - Maureen Johnson I thoroughly enjoyed the entirety of this book. The writing, the plot, the twists... it kept me hooked. It begins with two best friends, one more of the protector (Jane), the other being the shy, quiet one (Allison). Then everything changes. Allison transforms overnight, leaving Jane behind and uncertain of what is going on. Although some points were little predictable (such as Lanalee not being one to be trusted), they were easily forgiven due to the writing and all the other happenings that weren't so predictable. I was completely thrown by Allison's 'tricking' of Lanalee to save Jane. Then Owen's cryptic message about rules before leaving... I knew something more thrilling was to follow. But for Jane to cut off her toes?! I was so shocked I had to re-read it to make sure I read it right! I loved it... it was dark, it was fitting, it was a perfect way for Jane to carry out the rest of her plan, which was just as shocking as the beginning of her plan.

I would definitely recommend this book to many people and I look forward to reading many more books by Maureen Johnson!